Review Meeting on the NEASPEC project, “Study on Transborder Movement of Amur Tigers and Leopards using Camera Trapping and Molecular Genetic Analysis”
Since 2014, NEASPEC has implemented the project, “Study on Transborder Movement of Amur Tigers and Leopards using Camera Trapping and Molecular Genetic Analysis”, as a follow-up to the project on “Establishing Coordination Mechanisms for Nature Conservation in Transboundary Areas in North-East Asia” (2010-2012). Under the current project, the first expert group meeting was held in April 2014 to discuss the work plan including scientific approaches for the project activities, expected outcomes, implementing agencies and budgetary matters. Upon the agreements, project activities including camera trapping and sample collection have been conducted since late 2014.
This review meeting is the major occasion for key experts of the Project to get together and review the interim outcomes of the field study and molecular genetic analysis prior to the completion of project activities as well as preparation of policy recommendations and the final project report.
Session 1. Review of the interim camera trap result of the NEASPEC Project
- Report of SFA - Dehui Zhang
- Rethinking the Amur tiger and leopard conservation in China - Guangshun Jiang
- Camera trap work of Amur tiger in China - Jiayin Gu
- Camera trap work of Amur leopard in China - Jinzhe Qi
- Winter Amur tiger and leopard census in 2014-2015 - Sergey Aramilev
- The integrated study and approaches to Amur leopard conservation in protected areas of Russia - Elena Salmanova
- Mining microsatellites markers for big cats using next generation sequencing data - Hang Lee
Session 2. Review of interim results of molecular genetic analysis of the NEASPEC Project
- Molecular genetic analysis method of Amur tiger and Amur leopard - Hui Liu
- The analysis of genetic data of the Amur tiger and Amur leopard samples from the field - Yao Ning
- Results of leopard and tiger feces collection and DNA extraction on the Russian Far East - Alexey Kostyria